Friday, April 6, 2007

Quick market update

Everyone keeps asking me what's going on with the market. I did some quick numbers and contracts seem to be up about 25% in the first quarter of 2007 over the forth quarter of 2006. That's across the Volusia/Flager county area.

I also reviewed the number of inbound buyer inquiries. They are up almost fifty percent in a quarter over quarter comparison. That's really good news.

Closings were better in the first quarter but didn't even begin to compare with where we were at the peak of the market (I don't think anyone expected it to). Still, up is good.

Also, prices on new contracts seem to be trending upwards. I'm a little surprised because I expected a continued small slide in pricing but I'm certainly pleased. Let's hope we're seeing the market pick up.

No comments: